Forums

When's the first time you brought your child to the dentist?  

RSS

Jill Robinson
(@jrobinson)
16/07/2019 5:23 am  

I read an article about Chrissy Teigen and I saw how many moms bash her because her daughter's too old to go the dentist for the first time. I think her child's around 3 years old. I'm wondering what's the right age to bring your kid to the dentist. My daughter's 3 years old now and she's never visited a dental clinic.

Thanks so much for answering.

ReplyQuote
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
18/07/2019 3:12 pm  
Posted by: @jrobinson

I read an article about Chrissy Teigen and I saw how many moms bash her because her daughter's too old to go the dentist for the first time. I think her child's around 3 years old. I'm wondering what's the right age to bring your kid to the dentist. My daughter's 3 years old now and she's never visited a dental clinic.

Thanks so much for answering.

Hi mommy Jill, this is admin C! My son's turning 4 but I haven't brought him to the dentist, not even once. 🤣 And I just found out that it's advisable to bring him as soon as the first tooth comes out. Anyway, I hope this article enlightens you.

ReplyQuote
Dr. Rafia Dentist
 Dr. Rafia Dentist
(@Dr. Rafia Dentist)
22/10/2019 3:19 am  

Tooth decay (Caries) in children is extremely common but can be prevented by taking very simple measures early on in your child’s life. What is Childhood Caries? Parents are often unsure about when to take a child to a dentist. Should you wait until all of his teeth have come in, or perhaps until there is a real problem? 

This first visit accomplishes three things. First, it familiarizes your child with the staff and the office environment in a non-threatening way, thus building trust. Second, it introduces him (and you) to the specific language that the office uses. Third, it allows the dentist to do a quick examination, looking for decay. He will also check your child's gums, jaw, and bite, keeping an eye out for bottle caries, frenum issues, or other problems that may affect teeth or speech patterns. 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Share: